Looking for a quality inflatable paddleboard? Get your feet wet with these inflatable stand up paddle board reviews to make sure you’re choosing the most effective and useful board for your lifestyle. From boards optimized for speed to those that will support you and your furry friend, we’ve got them all listed here!
Paddleboarding is a uniquely diverse sport that can be either relaxing or high-intensity, and can be enjoyed by almost all age groups. Choosing the correct paddle board for your activities is crucial, and there are plenty of durable, reliable, and performance-enhancing paddle boards on the current market. Since there are so many, we have compiled some of the top inflatable paddle board reviews to help narrow down your search!
What to look for in a SUP
The best inflatable standup paddleboards have a select few key features including, durability, stability, and portability. If your paddle board is not durable or stable enough, you may injure yourself while using it. Having the ability to move it around easily will mean you will use it more.
The aspects of a paddle board that you should pay attention to are the weight of the item, the material that it is made of, and the inflatable paddle board reviews that are written about it from people who have actually used the product. This way, you can ensure that you are spending money on a reliable product.
Key Features of the Best Inflatable Standup Paddle Boards
Since there are so many advertised paddleboards online, it can be hard to know which ones actually work best. You may be wondering what makes certain boards different from others, or what to look for in an inflatable standup paddle board. First, it is important to note that there are products made of a harder material called epoxy, and these paddleboards tend to be used for competitive paddleboard racing or surfing.
There are also inflatable paddle boards, and these tend to be the preferred type due to their longevity, durability, safety, and convenient portability. They are softer than epoxy boards, which feels less impactful on the feet and joints, allowing for more comfortable and lengthy use for standing or sitting. Moreover, they weigh much less which makes for easier transportation.
Here are some key features to identify prior to further reading inflatable paddle board reviews to confirm your purchase:
- Weight: Boards should be lightweight and easy to use in the water, ideally no more than 25 pounds.
- Size and shape: Length, width, and shape of the paddleboard determine their optimization for certain sports. For example, a longer board can enhance speed, a wider one can enhance stability for beginners, and the shape and size of the tail can affect turning speed and mobility.
- Accessories: Your purchase should include a quality paddle, an air pump, and a removable fin. (It’s never a bad idea to purchase an extra, reliable air pump.)
- Roc’s Paddle Boards are now made with the highest-grade material that is 50% stronger than competitors boards. Find out why Roc is the top-rated paddle board sold on Amazon and around the world.
- With an industry leading 350lbs weight limit. You can see why Roc is committed to manufacturing the safest most reliable paddle board on the market.
- Our extra wide design creates an incredible all-around board for all skill levels. Making it the perfect board for all.
- All boards come complete with premium accessories that are superior to other board packs
- Roc is proud to provide an industry leading 2 Year manufacturer’s warranty
Weight: 17.5 lbs
Dimensions: 10’ long by 33” wide and 6” thick
Weight limit: 350 lbs
Price : $325
This board boasts a weight of 17.5 pounds, which is lighter than most. It is also fairly wide, making for extra stability when standing or for beginners. This product sports a 5-star rating on Amazon with over 7,000 reviews. Here are some reviews from happy customers.
- “We purchased two…they are fairly easy to inflate. They are firm but have some give.
The extras are nice too. A nice dry bag, and a super comfortable backpack to store and carry.”—Dave E.
- “I was looking for an affordable, inflatable paddle board that I could stow away and easily inflate when I wanted it. I have rented inflatable paddle boards that are double the price of this, so I was pleasantly surprised to see what great quality this board has! It is sturdy when blown up and definitely big enough for me and my pup (plus it was easy for her to stay on).” —Melissa Pozniak
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY ON MATERIALS.inflatable paddle boards,paddle board,inflatable paddle board,stand up paddle board,aqua plus inflatable paddle board,inflatalbe sup,paddle boards,standup paddle board,blow up paddle board,stand up paddle board inflatable,inflatable stand up paddle board,sup inflatable paddle board,portable paddle board,paddle boards for adults,sup paddle board,standing paddle board inflatable,stand-up paddle boards,standing paddle board,isup
- Ultra Portable : Deflated it’s only 1 foot in diameter by 37″. Inflated size : 10’6″ length, 33″ wide and 6″ Thick. Weight 20lbs, Maximum capactiy is up to 330lbs, Stable and great for all skill levels and conditions. Aqua Plus board provide excellent glides for cruising, fitness, fishing, and exploring.
- Rigid Design : It feels very similar to a hard board.The board is made of Military Ultra Light PVC Drop Stitch Fabric. Constructed with additional PVC layer of board rails are highly strengthened the board.
- Deck Features : 5mm Comfort diamond groove traction for grip. 11pcs of 316 Stainless Steel D-Rings and bungee on front deck for storage.
- Complete Package : Board, Fully adjustable aluminium paddle measures from 65-82inches long, Journey ISUP travel backpack, Shoulder Strap, Coil leash,Waterproof bag, Removable fin, Double Action Pump : during the 1st phase of the inflation use double action:clip closed Fig.1, when the pressure arrives to a relatively higher value, use single action:clip open,Fig.2.
Weight: 20 lbs
Dimensions: 10’6’’ long by 33” wide and 6” thick
Weight limit: 330 lbs
Price : $200 – $270
One of the best inflatable paddle boards, this product features a groove traction area for optimal grip on the deck with wet feet or hands. It is fairly light, comes in vibrant colors, and is one of the most affordable variations on Amazon. Some reviews mention a faulty pump, so be sure to check yours as soon as you receive it, or purchase a separate one. Nonetheless, with a 4.5 star rating and over 1,400 inflatable standup paddle board reviews, this is one of the best on the market!
- “We love it! Our friends loved it so much they all ordered one too. Very sturdy, even with kids. The fact that it is so portable allows us to use it more than our kayak. The extra hooks around the board make it easier to attach ropes and coolers.” —Nikkiange.
- “I bought this board thinking it would be good for me if I was careful. It’s far more durable than I thought! It’s endured me doing paddle board yoga, paddling to keep up with kayaks, and it’s been well tested by 3 of my dogs. I’d definitely recommend this product for anybody looking for an alternative to big bulky boards.” —Tara Harkins
- FunWater paddleboard is made of the new ultra-light military-grade PVC material, which is 35% lighter than regular materials. It is designed to operate in rivers, lakes, seas, and various waters, as well as for people with different experience levels.
- Non-slip EVA deck pad has secure traction and a soft grip for comfort while riding the board, removable centre fin for stable, detachable durable fins help to improve overall speed, handling and steering. Easier to use for kids, teens and adults.
- A multifunctional base on the board is wonderful for any parts that can be installed. When being used as a camera base, your paddleboarding experience can be recorded. On the side of the paddleboard, there’s a paddle hanger that we designed to safely store your paddle and free your hands when the paddle is not in use.
- The Package Including:1 inflatable paddle board, 3-piece length adjustable floating paddle ,3 fins , 1 SUP pump, 1 backpack , 1 waterproof phone bag, 1 leash ,1 shoulder strap
- If you have any questions about the products, we will provide you with solutions at the first time. We provide 30-day no-hassle return service, 3-years warranty for paddle board, and 1-year warranty for accessories.
Weight: 17 lbs
Dimensions: 10’ long by 33” wide and 6” thick
Weight limit: 300 lbs
Price : $200 – $270
One of the lightest boards on the market, this product is made with military-grade material that ensures its efficiency. The air pump that comes with this is unique because it includes a barometer, so that you can monitor the air pressure at any time. Here are some inflatable paddle board reviews for this 4.5-star product:
- “It is a pricey item and I wanted to make sure that I was getting something that would be durable and worth the money. The board itself is exactly what I wanted. I was afraid that it would not be sturdy enough because it was inflatable but I was pleasantly surprised to find that after inflating the board to its full capacity it was so solid that when I stood on it in the lake my feet did not even press into the board.” —Becky Gallo
- “These were good value for the money. We have had them out multiple times this summer and they have worked well, especially on calm waters. However, they are great to sit or kneel and paddle on as well, and they go pretty fast- faster than the rigid board I was used to. The kayak seat is also an added bonus. They are easy to throw in a car and take on trips because of the portability. I’m definitely happy with the purchase!”
- 【WOOD GRAIN Extra Wide Stable Design】11’long x 33” wide x 6” thick, with weight capacity up to 350lbs.The extra wide SUP design is easy for beginners to stand up and keep balance. It is an ideal board for all skill levels with pets.
- 【Military Grade High Quality Material】Made of the highest quality military grade material. Soft anti-slip EVA deck pad greatly improved stability and safety while standing. It is super comfortable for long time sup paddling kayaking.
- 【Ultra light weight Portable SUP】5 minutes for inflate and deflate. Highpi paddle boards has a weight of only 20 pounds—that’s 20% lighter than competitors’ inflatable sup of the same size.It is very easy to carry and transport.
- 【Full Accessories plus Dry Bag】length adjustable alloy floating paddle , double action hand pump with psi gauge, 1 big removable fin, safety leash, 5L water proof dry bag , detailed sup manual, repair kit and a big comfortable sup backpack.
- 【100% Satisfied Customer Service】 All the HIGHPI paddle boards have passed SGS, CE and ISO quality certification. We offer a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty on the paddle boards at no additional cost.
Weight: 20 lbs
Dimensions: 11’ long by 33” wide and 6” thick
Weight limit: 350 lbs
Price : $300
An extra foot long with a wide deck and lots of grip material on the surface makes this a great board for lots of time spent in the water. It is stable and its length makes for better speed and accurate turns. Though it’s longer than most boards, it is still fairly light at just 20 pounds, making it optimal all around. This board has earned a 5-star rating; here is one of many inflatable paddle board reviews:
- “Wonderful paddle board. Beautiful colors. Sturdy and stable on the water. Lightweight. Everything about the board is excellent quality. It was easy to inflate. Took about 5 minutes. The board itself is excellent and your choice shouldn’t be made based off the pump gauge not working because it seems to be a common thing among the pumps. It still aired up my paddle board and I was able to cruise the water!” —Toni
- UPGRADED PREMIUM MATERIAL: The upgraded premium inflatable paddle board is made of the highest quality of military grade material. We provide the most durable and stable paddle boards on the market.
- UPGRADED WIDE SUP DESIGN FOR BETTER BALANCE: measuring 10’6 feet long and 32 inches wide, balancing and stabilizing on top of our SUP board is a breeze, These board can be used in the ocean, fresh water lakes, and rivers.
- SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY – The triple bottom panel fins help board improve overall speed, handling and steering for easier use by kids, teens and adults alike
- PORTABLE and INFLATABLE SUP BOARD: 100 percent travel friendly, this unique SUP inflatable paddle board is preferred by those who have a knack for adventure Take it with you on surfing excursions or keep it in your car for those times you want to explore
- ALL IN 1 PADDLE BOARD KIT: Complete with must have paddle board accessories, our SUP paddle board will have you ready to hit the waves Includes 10’6 board, coiled ankle cuff safety leash, Aluminum paddle, manual air pump and storage bag and waterproof bag
Weight: 19 lbs
Dimensions: 10’ long by 32” wide and 6” thick
Weight limit: 275 lbs
Price : $309 – $340
For an incredibly versatile board, look no further. Though this product is a bit heavier than others, it includes three versatile fins which makes for great stability and mobility through water, as most of the best inflatable stand up paddle boards only come with one fin. This highly-rated product boasts nearly 14,000 positive reviews, and here we’ve featured a thorough review packed with a real customer’s useful information and experiences:
- “I’ve bought a total of 3 inflatable boards of my own over the last 2 years. I’ve ridden countless other boards, both hard and inflatable and I can easily say this is probably the best board you can buy at the price range…The quality of the board and its material is high and rivals that of boards in the $500 – $700 range.It’s great for 1 or 2 people, is highly buoyant, very stable, and comes with a lot of great additional things that really sweeten the deal (2-way pump and leash).” —Brett Connolly
Summing it Up
Inflatable paddle boards are an incredibly diverse investment, and can be used by just about any age for relaxing in the water, exploring new areas, getting great exercise, or competing in water sports. Since there are tons of these products in circulation, be sure to thoroughly read inflatable paddle board reviews prior to purchasing.